Monday, March 16, 2020

Entry 7

Image result for How We Pronounce Student Names, and Why it Matters

After listening to cult of pedagogy podcast, I started to think about how pronouncing the student’s names correctly and knowing their names it’s important to the students, which is something that I never put attention before. Being able to pronounce their names correctly makes the students feel care and value, growing up I personally have never had a problem in which the teacher or even the substitute, couldn’t pronounce my name. So, it’s something that I didn’t really put much attention to it, but I do remember how my classmates, sometimes names were mispronounced by the teacher. There was one time where the teacher would pronounce a student last names differently, then she liked, and she was bother by it, but she also never mentions it. Which after listing to this podcast, I see how just pronouncing the student’s names correctly is important for them. It’s something that I want my students to feel in my classroom, I want them to feel appreciated and know that I care enough, that I would do everything to not just know their names, but learn how to pronounce them correctly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment